Emac to Intel IMac

Reaction score
I need to transfere a 'lot' of archived photos from an old Emac to my intel IMac. Does anyone know of an easy way to accomplish this? Is there any transfer utility to help? The Imac doesn't seem to like just dragging the old Emac iphoto library folder via an external drive to the intel machine.

Any help welcome.

Cheers

C

chas_m

There's no reason I can think of why simply dragging and dropping wouldn't work. Can you be more precise about what you mean by "the iMac doesn't seem to like" it?

Another option would be to transfer it via a thumb drive. You don't say how big your archive is but even 16GB thumb drives are pretty inexpensive these days.

OP
K
Reaction score
Emac to Imac jpegs

After the first attempt to drag and drop of the old emac iphoto library onto the the imac desktop, it simply refused to add these to the existing library. And it made a very strange 'burp' when I tried!

C

chas_m

That "burp" is likely an error sound. You are getting that because you are in some way attempting to do something not permitted. Maybe your drive isn't large enough?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.