error code -43

G

gimmi

After trying to delete some files, they still appear in the Trash, and so my Trash always looks like there is something in it. (Irritating me undescribably)

The files themself have som strange (foreign?) characters in their names, that dont appear correctly (not a virus, since I created the files myself), and when I try to rename them I get this error :
The operation could not be completer.
An unexprected error occurred (error code -43)

I've also tried deleting the files from the Terminal with this command ( "rm -Rf" on the directory containing the files) without luck.

If anyone knows how to remove these files, and could tell me, I can finally start sleeping at night ... again.

Gimmi

OP
S

stacer

me too!

gimmi said:
After trying to delete some files, they still appear in the Trash, and so my Trash always looks like there is something in it. (Irritating me undescribably)

The files themself have som strange (foreign?) characters in their names, that dont appear correctly (not a virus, since I created the files myself), and when I try to rename them I get this error :
The operation could not be completer.
An unexprected error occurred (error code -43)

I've also tried deleting the files from the Terminal with this command ( "rm -Rf" on the directory containing the files) without luck.

If anyone knows how to remove these files, and could tell me, I can finally start sleeping at night ... again.

Gimmi

Gimmi,

Did you ever figure this out? I've been having the exact same problem.

Stacer

OP
R

Randy B. Singer

Forcing Things To Trash

gimmi said:
Things to try:

If you have a Mac that will boot into OS 9, drag the files out of the trashcan, boot into OS 9, and then try to trash them.

If you don't have a Mac that can boot into OS 9, startup from your Mac OS X Installer CD-ROM and then try to trash the files.

More tips here:

http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html

Item #'s 4 and 19

* Co-Author of:
The Macintosh Bible (4th, 5th and 6th editions)
* Webmaster of:
Common OS X Jaguar Problems and Solutions
http://www.macattorney.com/tutorial.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.