Need help whith Photo Stream

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2011, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, 500gb
I am getting very frustrated with photo stream. I have 22 pictures on my iPhone 4S but 11 in my photo stream folder. My phone puts pictures in that folder at random and there is no obvious way to put the pictures I want in that folder or delete the ones I do not want in that folder. So far not under my personal catagory of friendly and usable. What am I missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
To delete them, sign into iCloud via a browser, click on your name in the top right then Advance then reset PhotoStream.
This is the ONLY way thus fate to get rid of them. Hopefully in a Update they will give the option to delete individual photo's.
Another member says just turn the PhotoStream off, but doesn't help when you want to use it throughout the month. Mind you the photo's are reset after a month.
HTH

Cheers

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
You're not missing anything. It's not terribly flexible yet - but it's still in 'beta' so hopefully that changes here relatively soon. I definitely am in the camp of wanting a LOT more control over what heads to the stream and what doesn't.

OP
maxwell2112
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahhhhhh, okay. That's a reassuring response. Thank you.
I do like the idea of taking pictures on my phone and have them immediately accessible on my Mac.
Hopefully they get it skraite!
Have a good weekend.

OP
maxwell2112
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To delete them, sign into iCloud via a browser, click on your name in the top right then Advance then reset PhotoStream.
This is the ONLY way thus fate to get rid of them. Hopefully in a Update they will give the option to delete individual photo's.
Another member says just turn the PhotoStream off, but doesn't help when you want to use it throughout the month. Mind you the photo's are reset after a month.
HTH

Cheers

Hi
I just got home and looked on my computer and saw your post. I missed it earlier today when I was using my iPhone.

I turned off Photo Stream in my phone and it asked if I wanted to delete the pictures. That's better, thanks. Now the control thing........

Have a good weekend.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.