PDA

View Full Version : Schweb

iRule
10-24-2005, 08:38 AM
how come schweb is the only admin that actually does anything around here???

schweb
10-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Actually our entire staff works extremely hard both answering the questions and behind the scenes. So while I do thank you for recognizing my effort, I can assure you that everyone here does things also. ;)

Graphite
10-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Do anything? ... I think the rest of the staff agrees doing things is just not in our agenda... we just collect our paychecks.

Search a mods threads to see things they have created.

iRule
10-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Do anything? ... I think the rest of the staff agrees doing things is just not in our agenda... we just collect our paychecks.

Search a mods threads to see things they have created.
the mods do a great job i was just saying i have never seen any of the other 2 'ADMINS' do anything or maybe it just me soz if i have offended andyone, the moderators are great its ive only seen schweb as a admin doing anything.

trpnmonkey41
10-24-2005, 12:18 PM
There are not many situations where Schweb or muso have to use their Admin powers. Most of the things that need to be done on the board any of the mods can do, and for the special cases the admins will take care of it

schweb
10-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Absolutely, unlike most boards out there our power structure is very flat, we all share responsibility and decision making. There's very little that admins can do that the mods can't.

As for the other two admins, muso does quite a bit behind the scenes. He's often the one who will assists our users who send e-mails to the support address, often those requiring manual registration when trying to sign up.

Emrys, the board founder, is on semi-retirement from here since he sold the board to iNet. He does pop in from time to time to visit. :)

Murlyn
10-24-2005, 03:38 PM
here here!

Fallooza
10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
how come schweb is the only admin that actually does anything around here???
When they make me a Mod (which should not be much longer) ill make sure ta do lots of things around here.

sevenhelmet
10-24-2005, 07:01 PM
While we're talking about it, how does one become a moderator? Invite only, or can one apply?

Is there a huge time requirement, or is it a work-as-hard-as-you-want kind of thing?

Just mildly curious...

Murlyn
10-24-2005, 07:18 PM
one can apply or be invited..it has happened both ways. The moderators usually throw some names out and then those that have applied and then we all vote on who the next moderator will be. Sometimes this routine changes though, for example, we stalked those members that applied to see what they were up to, to see if they were worthy and responsible enough to become a moderator, then we stole all their money to see how they would react.. if they reacted well, then they were in. And sometimes we allow people to bypass the stalking and stealing part and if they send us 5,000 US dollars in nonsequential unmarked bills then we usually let them become a moderator also.

So hopefully that gives you an idea of how we do things here ;)

Graphite
10-24-2005, 07:19 PM
There are alot of theories on how it is done but... to be honest, its mostly just magic... alot of mumbo jumbo... things that I don't even understand.

schweb
10-24-2005, 08:06 PM
While we're talking about it, how does one become a moderator? Invite only, or can one apply?

Is there a huge time requirement, or is it a work-as-hard-as-you-want kind of thing?

Just mildly curious...
The general answer is that people don't become mods by asking how to be a mod or asking to be one or claiming they should be one.

When we as a group decide that volume here has increased enough or one of us is retiring from service then we start deliberating to decide who should be our next moderator. This is done through observation of their posting behavior and community involvement. There's much more about becoming a mod than giving good advice and help. It's about creating great community presence.

In general those people that make the best moderators are those who care the least about trying to be one. They're here because they love the community and want to see it thrive, not here to get a power status symbol.

sursuciofla
10-24-2005, 08:38 PM
trpnmonkey41 is the only one I ever see doing work around her. Graphite has the occasional smartdonkey comment to make. Rman is of course the Champ!

Of course I am just kidding they are all slackers.

Okay I am just kidding again, Schweb, Graphite, Murlyn, Rman, and trpnmonkey are my M-F heroes. I mean it :black:

rs2sensen
10-24-2005, 09:09 PM
don't forget Addikt

Graphite
10-24-2005, 09:52 PM
hes got my vote! .. speaking of delinquent moderators.. ;)

dtravis7
10-24-2005, 10:44 PM
Do not forget Muso.

zap2
10-31-2005, 04:47 PM
Emrys, the board founder, is on semi-retirement from here since he sold the board to iNet. He does pop in from time to time to visit. :)

How much would one need to buy the board now? cuz i have a BIG bill with George on it saying i can have the board ;)

muso
11-01-2005, 03:49 AM
You'd need to sacrifice 3,000 lambs and build a couple of pyramids then wait a couple of hundred years for the sun to be aligned correctly and then we'd wonder about whether to maybe consider the possibility of thinking about starting a moderators-only thread to decide whether to debate the chances of passing it to iNet.

sursuciofla
11-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Muso showing up is like seeing Jesus. :p

Graphite
11-01-2005, 12:53 PM
I guess if you don't know where to look then.. yes

schweb
11-01-2005, 01:43 PM
I think this thread has definitely outlived its usefulness. ;)

Graphite
11-01-2005, 02:03 PM
awe come on, its got potential to be a never ending thread of OMG I ROXORZ uselessness-ilicious...