Schweb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
how come schweb is the only admin that actually does anything around here???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Actually our entire staff works extremely hard both answering the questions and behind the scenes. So while I do thank you for recognizing my effort, I can assure you that everyone here does things also. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Do anything? ... I think the rest of the staff agrees doing things is just not in our agenda... we just collect our paychecks.

Search a mods threads to see things they have created.

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
Graphite said:
Do anything? ... I think the rest of the staff agrees doing things is just not in our agenda... we just collect our paychecks.

Search a mods threads to see things they have created.
the mods do a great job i was just saying i have never seen any of the other 2 'ADMINS' do anything or maybe it just me soz if i have offended andyone, the moderators are great its ive only seen schweb as a admin doing anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There are not many situations where Schweb or muso have to use their Admin powers. Most of the things that need to be done on the board any of the mods can do, and for the special cases the admins will take care of it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Absolutely, unlike most boards out there our power structure is very flat, we all share responsibility and decision making. There's very little that admins can do that the mods can't.

As for the other two admins, muso does quite a bit behind the scenes. He's often the one who will assists our users who send e-mails to the support address, often those requiring manual registration when trying to sign up.

Emrys, the board founder, is on semi-retirement from here since he sold the board to iNet. He does pop in from time to time to visit. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
F

Fallooza

iRule said:
how come schweb is the only admin that actually does anything around here???
When they make me a Mod (which should not be much longer) ill make sure ta do lots of things around here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
While we're talking about it, how does one become a moderator? Invite only, or can one apply?

Is there a huge time requirement, or is it a work-as-hard-as-you-want kind of thing?

Just mildly curious...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
one can apply or be invited..it has happened both ways. The moderators usually throw some names out and then those that have applied and then we all vote on who the next moderator will be. Sometimes this routine changes though, for example, we stalked those members that applied to see what they were up to, to see if they were worthy and responsible enough to become a moderator, then we stole all their money to see how they would react.. if they reacted well, then they were in. And sometimes we allow people to bypass the stalking and stealing part and if they send us 5,000 US dollars in nonsequential unmarked bills then we usually let them become a moderator also.

So hopefully that gives you an idea of how we do things here ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are alot of theories on how it is done but... to be honest, its mostly just magic... alot of mumbo jumbo... things that I don't even understand.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sevenhelmet said:
While we're talking about it, how does one become a moderator? Invite only, or can one apply?

Is there a huge time requirement, or is it a work-as-hard-as-you-want kind of thing?

Just mildly curious...
The general answer is that people don't become mods by asking how to be a mod or asking to be one or claiming they should be one.

When we as a group decide that volume here has increased enough or one of us is retiring from service then we start deliberating to decide who should be our next moderator. This is done through observation of their posting behavior and community involvement. There's much more about becoming a mod than giving good advice and help. It's about creating great community presence.

In general those people that make the best moderators are those who care the least about trying to be one. They're here because they love the community and want to see it thrive, not here to get a power status symbol.

S

sursuciofla

trpnmonkey41 is the only one I ever see doing work around her. Graphite has the occasional smartdonkey comment to make. Rman is of course the Champ!

Of course I am just kidding they are all slackers.

Okay I am just kidding again, Schweb, Graphite, Murlyn, Rman, and trpnmonkey are my M-F heroes. I mean it :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
don't forget Addikt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hes got my vote! .. speaking of delinquent moderators.. ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do not forget Muso.

Z

zap2

schweb said:
Emrys, the board founder, is on semi-retirement from here since he sold the board to iNet. He does pop in from time to time to visit. :)

How much would one need to buy the board now? cuz i have a BIG bill with George on it saying i can have the board ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
You'd need to sacrifice 3,000 lambs and build a couple of pyramids then wait a couple of hundred years for the sun to be aligned correctly and then we'd wonder about whether to maybe consider the possibility of thinking about starting a moderators-only thread to decide whether to debate the chances of passing it to iNet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess if you don't know where to look then.. yes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.