DVD Burning from Fusion4/Windows

Reaction score
Hi
I use Pictures to Exe slideshow making software on Windows 7 via Fusion 4 on my iMac.

This works fine but when I come to create a DVD video to play on standard DVD player - it goes through all the normal rendering and burning motions in windows but there is noting on the DVD disc at the end!! (even though there does appear to be something visibly!)

So my question is - How to I convert my slideshows to DVD disc in Fusion4/Windows7??

Thanks

Joy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, make sure that when in Fusion and running Windows that Fusion "owns" the optical drive otherwise it's still being controlled by OS X. Also, you didn't mention which program you were using in Windows 7? Assuming it's the built in DVD burner in Windows 7, it should work. Are you getting any error messages at all?

OP
P
Reaction score
First, make sure that when in Fusion and running Windows that Fusion "owns" the optical drive otherwise it's still being controlled by OS X. Also, you didn't mention which program you were using in Windows 7? Assuming it's the built in DVD burner in Windows 7, it should work. Are you getting any error messages at all?

PLease could you explain how I ensure that Fusion owns the optical drive?

The software I am using is the Video Builder which comes with Pictures to Exe - this gives me a customisable menu screen which shows when the DVD is inserted.

No - No error messages - it all runs seemingly smoothly and I get the 'tick' at the end of the DVD burning to confirm it has all completed correctly - (after usual length of time) but the there is nothing recognisable on the disc for the DVD player it just appears blank (although visibly there is a burn line about 1 inch thick!)

Thanks

Joy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.