Ram/cache issues

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Hello all,

I am new to this forum and joined with hopes of getting help with an issue I am having with my iMac G4 800Mhz Superdrive (768 MB SDRam) with OSX panther 10.3.9.

I use an old version of photoshop in OS 9 and I keep seeing a screen where photoshop is trying to "import clipboard " but stops and gives an error message "could not import the clipboard because there is not enough memory (RAM) " This ha only recently started to happen and then when I save a Pshop photo on the desktop and open it with preview to save it in OSX as a Jpeg it says "Error displaying image - Preview is unable to properly display this image. The file may be corrupt. Reason: Can't cache image"

So I think it's a Cache/Ram issue and I have no idea where to go with this beyond deleting both cache folders in my home library and Macintosh HD library...

Has anyone encountered this issue or know what to do to fix it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.