Landscape & Portrait wallpaper images

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S
Does anyone know if there’s a way to have the wallpaper keep its orientation or to change to a different image depending on the orientation of the iPad?

I’m using this image of the inside of the iPad (iPad Wi-Fi Wallpaper) as my wallpaper. But, when I rotate my iPad to be horizontal the image doesn’t look right.

I’d like to be able to either:

• Lock the wallpaper orientation so while the screen content rotates the wallpaper doesn’t
  • When I rotate the iPad from horizontal to vertical (or back) the wall paper automatically switches from one image to the other.
Yea, I know this is really a nitpick but it’s at least worth asking :Smirk:.

Thanks in advance!
Larry.

Reaction score
They are two different pictures, it switches to the other picture when switching from landscape to portrait mode. This is awesome I need to figure out how to do it on mine.

OP
lschwarcz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2007 MacBook Pro, original iPad, iPhone 4S
That's my question. The website has the two pictures. Can I have the iPad switch automatically or fix the orientation for the background?

Reaction score
Now I see, read the article carefully. You can only switch it to one or the other. Because users usually only use it in one configuration anyway, they made both so you can manually switch to either. So far Apple has only applied it to their own wallpapers, not yet your own photos. You never know, maybe a new update of their perfect iOS might solve the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Here is a template that shows what is shown in portrait and landscape. I use this in conjunction with Photoshop (or Gimp or anything else with layers) to setup my wallpapers. If there is a wallpaper you want tweaked - post it and I can try to get it to fit on the template.

ipad_wallpaper_template.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.