Aperture photos as wallpaper?

Reaction score
Hi, I have a problem with not being able to access my Aperture library from the System Preferences -> Wallpaper / screensaver panel. This is what the panel looks like:

It is apparent that the Aperture library is missing. It was available to me prior to re-installing Mac OS X.7 (due to an SSD failure), but is no longer. It can not be added by the '+' sign.

Is there any way to select your photos in Aperture 3 as a wallpaper without exporting the photo as a file, and then selecting the exported file? It is just too much hassle for a wallpaper..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 MBP 2.3Ghz Intel dual core i5
The only way that I know how to do it is by exporting the image and then making it a wallpaper. If you really want it as your wallpaper, this doesnt seem like that much of a hassle....

Reaction score
Aperture Wallpapers

Hi,

It is definitely possible to have Aperture images as wallpapers without exporting them, although I haven't been able to have fully reproduceable results just yet.

What I try to do (and it seems to work):
-In Aperture's 'Preferences', set share Previews with iLife to always (and let Aperture generate previews when closing);
-If you have multiple libraries, make sure you close Aperture when your primary library is open (in my case, I have a referenced RAW library, and my normal photo lib...when I close and it's on my RAW lib, System Prefs doesn't detect it at all, same for iTunes).

Hopefully this will help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.