A couple of questions...

J

johndierks

So I switched a while back to a 12" PB.

My biggest frustration about my mac is that it seems in a constant state of dis-organization, in terms of the open windows. Windows provides a much cleaner way of keeping track of which windows you have open, and minimized, but using the title of the window, not a thumbnail of the window.

The dock falls short of the task bar in windows, because it manages programs not windows (well minimized ones).

So I guess here are my questions. Alt-Tab in windows cycles through open windows. Apple-Tab cycles open programs. Is there any keystoke to simulate Alt-tab, so I can call up windows instead of programs?

I'm using 10.2.8. I know 10.3 has the new way to organize and call up windows. Will this solve my problems?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
panther has several things that you would find to your liking.

expose allows you with a click of a button to have all of the windows shrink so you see every window you have to choose from. the alt-tab works more like windows now where you can see what you have opened.

OP
J

jcromartie

Goddammit you people **** me off (not you, johndierks)! Why post on a support forum when you don't answer the questions?

to actually answer your question: on a Mac a program typically can run without windows (iTunes, Safari, QT Player, Mail, iChat). Because of this, Alt-Tab allows you to switch programs, regardless of how many, if any, windows are open. Alt-Tilde (~) cycles windows within a single application. Expose, in Panther, is a great window management tool. I bet you will get used to the separation between program and window, eventually, though, I know it took me some time. But now, it boggles my mind why I can't keep Windows Media Player open and running in XP without having it take up valuable taskbar or screen space.

OP
F

Fomer

Woah! No reason to go postal on trpnmonkey. He has ever bit of a right to post here. He has helped me on several questions I have had. And he did answer the guy to a certain degree.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Easy guys, don't want to have to close this thread....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.