macbook air 11.6

Reaction score
hi, i am a highschool sophmore looking for my first apple laptop. i already have an hp pavilion g4 that i intend on keeping. at first i wanted a macbook pro but im only 16 and unloading 1400 on one is just not something i want to do. i am wondering if the 11.6 inch mac air is enough. all i usually do is use internet, facebook, and some other minor computing, no im not a power user by any means! so im wondering if the smallest air will be enough for me. also i want to use it for collage in 2 years. also what is the average life span on these laptops? thank you.;D

C

chas_m

Given what you have posted, a MBA would be perfect for you.

Mac laptop have no average lifespan. They last as long as you take care of them and developers continue to write software for the OSes that can be run on it. Most people COULD get many, many years from an Apple laptop, but changes in technology and attractive new features usually convince people to upgrade to a newer model at around the three-to-five-year marks.

Reaction score
I just now replaced my 2007 MacBook with a new MBP. I didn't have to do it, it was more of me wanting to update.

My old WhiteBook still works almost as if it were brand new.

So to answer your question, as chas stated, these laptops really don't have an 'average' lifespan.

OP
H
Reaction score
So will Mac air work for my needs or should I get a refurbished from apple MacBook pro?

Reaction score
So will Mac air work for my needs or should I get a refurbished from apple MacBook pro?

Sure it'll work for your needs.

Just remember, the MBA doesn't come with an optical disc drive though, so if you use CD's a lot, whether by transferring music to iTunes or burning playlists, you'd need to also get the external drive.

Also, buy it from Apple and use their student discount online, if possible...

It'll save you $50 on a new MBA or $100 on a new MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.