Simple CMS via web browser

S

starbuck

I have a client (a retirement community) that wants the ability to update a section of their web site (availability of rooms) via a web browser since none of them have html knowledge.

I will be designing the web site on a mac, and they will be updating on a pc. Is there any basic Client Management System that will allow them to update only the data and not the design?

if anyone has any experience with this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
if you have any experiecne with cold fusion, alot of web design companies are using cold fusion for the client to change things on the website with out changing the lay out of the website (like the availability of rooms)

OP
M

MartinAustin

I guess it depends on how much of the site they will need to update. For a client of mine, they only needed to add news and events to their site, so I just created a simple backend in PHP/MySQL so that they could add/edit/delete news and events. There's no need for a full blown CMS if they only need to update little things.

If this sounds like what you're looking for, I could offer you some more help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.