• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac Nerd a bit Angry

Reaction score
Man, I am a bit frustrated with apple right now. I consider myself a Apple Geek. In the last 4 years I have purchased:
G4 Quicksilver (off ebay)
mac mini (2007)
Mac Pro (2007)
Macbook Pro (2008)
Macbook Pro (2009)
2x Iphone 3G (2009)
2x iphone4 (2010)
AppleTV (2010)
Apple airport Express (2011)
2x ipad2 (2011)
iphone4s (for my wife contract was eligible)
2 wireless macs, 2 wireless keyboards, magic trackpad, 2 magic mouse
and Applecare on all of it!

Now I am just looking to get the iphone4s for the discounted price. I feel like as a hardcore apple guy they should cut some of a break and let us get it for the 199 or 299. There should be something they can do to help us nerds. dang! Anywaysa im not really going to do anything about just be upset and sit here without the iphone4s unless I crack and get it anyway or wait till febuary, Who knows.

So in conclusion apple, like a parent would say:

I'm not mad at you I'm just very disapointed

Sincerly,
Very loyal and broke customer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Late 2011 MBP,iPad '3' 32gb,iPhone4 32gb
Why did you buy 2 x 3GS, 2 X 4 and 2 X iPad?

Just curious. :\

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Now I am just looking to get the iphone4s for the discounted price.
Purchasing a lot from someone doesn't mean that you've earned a discount.

With regards to the 4s, do you really need it if you have the 4? Many of the reviews I read come to the same conclusion: it's a good phone but if you have the 4, there's little reason to upgrade.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Van is correct. Only main reason to go from a 4 to a 4s is if you really must have Siri. The Switching antennas might be nice if you are having reception issues.

If you want a better camera, the 4s camera might be very good, but any GOOD point and shoot digital will out perform it.

Otherwise just keep your 4! Still an excellent phone.

OP
A
Reaction score
My reasons

I bought 2 of everything because of the wife. I want Siri because I own my own business and I drive a lot and find myself having to email and text while on the road, so this will be way more safe. Also I have had the rest of apples stuff kinda just want the new stuff, may be dumb, but I like it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I feel like as a hardcore apple guy they should cut some of a break and let us get it for the 199 or 299. There should be something they can do to help us nerds. dang!

Lots of "hardcore" Apple folks here. So you purchased a couple Apple products each year...many folks do that. And at the rate that technology changes...upgrading every couple years is really not that special or uncommon.

You want a discount. Go into your local Apple Store (or call Apple's "800" number)...and tell them you would like to purchase FIFTY (that's 5-0...50) brand new 27" iMacs. Then you might get a discount!;)

- Nick

p.s. Given your purchase history...you probably have purchased much more than the average Apple consumer. But in many cases...companies don't offer discounts based on previous purchases or "loyalty". Discounts (in many cases) are based on buying in volume (for a purchase or purchases) you are about to make.

OP
A
Reaction score
Touche! I'll shut up now. I was bummed today when I went in to buy it and found out it was going to cost that much. NM.

On a lighter not I did buy 20 Mac Pro's and 20 cinema displays for an old editing company i worked for, I didn't get to keep em, but it sure felt good to pick em up.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Touche! I'll shut up now. I was bummed today when I went in to buy it and found out it was going to cost that much. NM.

On a lighter not I did buy 20 Mac Pro's and 20 cinema displays for an old editing company i worked for, I didn't get to keep em, but it sure felt good to pick em up.

That would have been the ideal time to see if you could get a 21st at a discount . . . .. ;)

Though, not sure how that would be viewed by your company. My employer (uncle sam) would not approve. :Angry-Tongue:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

"Technically"...you did not buy those 20 Mac Pro's & 20 Cinema Displays...your former company did. I would love to see you "cut a check" for that amount of equipment from your own checking account!;) You simply had the responsibility of placing the order (and possibly recommending the equipment to purchase).

For what it's worth. Seeing your Apple product purchasing history over the last 5 years or so...you're on what I would call the "Technological Roller Coaster to Bankruptcy!";)

Of course I'm only kidding about the "bankruptcy" part!;) But my point is...buying the latest & greatest Apple "Gizmo" will cost you...and cost you BIGTIME! And in your case...BIGTIME x2!

I did this for about the first 10-12 years as a fanatic Apple User. Where I purchased a new computer (and other devices) every couple years...and when it came time to upgrade and sell the old computer...it was worth next to nothing.

Since then (15+ years)...I've only purchased used computers...and financially speaking...I've saved a TON OF MONEY!!!:) I can totally understand wanting to purchase a new cell phone (germs, finger cheese, etc.)...but everything else can be purchased used...and be totally & perfectly functional.

Something to consider,:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I don't expect extra savings because I buy lots of Apple stuff from the store, but I appreciate it enough that they remember and call me by my name last name when I enter my local Apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The old rule of marketing ~ if you think it is too dear do not purchase.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Just so we're clear, this forum isn't associated with Apple, Inc. so if your intent was to register a complaint, you're in the wrong place.

Besides that, those discounted prices you've referenced, are the result of carrier subsidies, not of Apple's good will to new customers. Your beef is really with your carrier.

I would just wait until your contract is up and get a discounted iPhone then. Heck, the iPhone 5 will be out soon enough and then you'll be glad you waited.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in rMBP 2014 Yosemite
Man, I am a bit frustrated with apple right now. I consider myself a Apple Geek. In the last 4 years I have purchased:
mac mini (2007)
Mac Pro (2007)
Macbook Pro (2008)
Macbook Pro (2009)
2x Iphone 3G (2009)
2x iphone4 (2010)
AppleTV (2010)
2x ipad2 (2011)

Now I am just looking to get the iphone4s for the discounted price. I feel like as a hardcore apple guy they should cut some of a break and let us get it for the 199 or 299. There should be something they can do to help us nerds. dang! Anywaysa im not really going to do anything about just be upset and sit here without the iphone4s unless I crack and get it anyway or wait till febuary, Who knows.

Sincerly,

what is a wireless mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
mac mini (2007)
Mac Pro (2007)
Macbook Pro (2008)
Macbook Pro (2009)
2x Iphone 3G (2009)
2x iphone4 (2010)
AppleTV (2010)
2x ipad2 (2011)

Sincerly,

Maybe if you had smarter with your purchases over the past 4 years you'd have the money to buy a 4s. Seriously. I've been a Mac user for going on 20 years and that's more hardware than I have ever owned much less the last 4 years.

You don't deserve a discount any more than anyone else does. Your purchasing choices are your own.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS Black, Macbook 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Wow. Why you need all that? You must be rich.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
the apple stores actually have something that is called the business team , they could offer you payment plans or something , check with them

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.