PDA

View Full Version : Help!

maxtrezise
10-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Okay, I am new to this site, and I am not extraordinarily technologically gifted either.

So, I need the help of you all!

Here is my problem. I have a mac laptop running OS 10.4. I do not have the newest Lion OS 10.7, and I cannot update my iTunes to 10.5. I just got the new iPhone 4S today, and I am DYING to get me iTunes library onto my new phone! But because of these reasons I cannot!

Does anyone know a way to do this? Is the only possible way to transfer my music library onto a external hard drive and upload onto someone else's computer in order to get in into my phone?

If anyone knows a way to help, or any ideas, I would reallllly appreciate it.

Thanks everyone,
Max

chas_m
10-15-2011, 01:13 AM
And you're not willing to upgrade your Mac laptop because ...

PS. If the answer is "because it's too old," then you should understand that trying to mix brand-new electronics with 5+ year old equipment is always going to cause problems, especially in Apple World. ALWAYS check the system requirements BEFORE buying new equipment, or software, etc.

maxtrezise
10-15-2011, 01:19 AM
Money for one thing, but the apple store said I would need to buy a whole new computer to have a processor powerful enough to run the operating system.

Trust me, I wish I could afford all new equipment, but student loans are expensive. I was just looking for ways that might work for me with my current situation.

CrimsonRequiem
10-15-2011, 01:23 AM
Money for one thing, but the apple store said I would need to buy a whole new computer to have a processor powerful enough to run the operating system.

Trust me, I wish I could afford all new equipment, but student loans are expensive. I was just looking for ways that might work for me with my current situation.

You need iTunes 10.5 and that only runs on Leopard OSX 10.5 or higher.

Link (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1426)y. <- Has info on hardware specs too.

chas_m
10-15-2011, 01:26 AM
Not to be too snarky, but ... computers are expensive but $200 iPhones with a minimum $70/month bill aren't?

maxtrezise
10-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Haha... okay once and for all, like I stated from the beginning, the point of this message was not to make me buy a new computer. I had $200 to buy the iPhone 4S and my monthly phone bill is still paid for by my parents' family plan--still unemployed post-college.

I wanted to know if there was a simple app or something that could override the need to buy a whole new computer. I guess not. Thanks.

chas_m
10-16-2011, 03:03 AM
It's not really an "app" but Leopard would override the need to buy a whole new computer. You never did actually bother to tell us what model Mac laptop you have, so I guess we're done here until you do.