Need advice to purchase a new USB wireless adapter

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Macbook core2 2009 model. The built in airport is a bit buggy (I am not sure if it has spoilt or not, I am going to do an OS restore from the Time machine as I suspect some files might be corrupted).

Anyway, I wish to get a USB wireless adapter. I know many 3rd party vendors are not supported as they do not have a Mac OS driver. I have research many sites. Some suggests ralink driver but it does not work for my TPlink722N

I found this thread -->
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/in...-mac-driver-belkin-usb-wireless-n-dongle.html

The thread is a bit outdated as the Belkin has a newer F7xx usb adapter not F5xxxx

Most of the threads are old as nowadays ppl just use buildin Airport. Not sure if anyone has any luck with the newer Wireless N gadgets.

Many thanks!

Reaction score
What about the airport on your macbook is "buggy?" I would try to fix it first before just going out and buying unnecesarry hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.