Urgent - "Greasy" screen

Reaction score
Hello people!
Kind of urgent as the 14 day return policy is ticking.

So I emailed apple about this.
I have a brand new MBP and I noticed the second day of having it that the screen has this grease looking 'film' on it that's really ticking me off. The screen hasn't been touch yet in it's life in my supervision and hasn't left this room.
The only time something has touched it was the first day I got it. After i did the voice control and used the internet for a while, I saw some dust had attracted to it, as with most electronics. So I took the microfiber cloth that came with it and literally just lightly dragged it across and it came off.

I don't know where this film came from. Did you guys have it on yours? It shouldnt be there right? I tried the old breath on the screen (light fog, haha) and gently wipe, but it just kinda looks like its going away, it just spreads it around, almost applying it evenly over the screen. My OCD won't let this go.

A) do know what's up here?
B) what you think I should do
C) curious what you all use to clean your screen. I really don't wanna exchange this through the mail over something so.. well strange for one.
I just don't know where it came from! :Smirk:

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
I use iKlear Apple Polish on a microfiber towel. I've used it for years on all my PCs and Macs with excellent results. It's gotten off smoke, dust and film that just accumulates with time. It's anti-static, alcohol & ammonia free and recommended for Apple products

Give it a try before you send you MBP back.

iKlear

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Just use your breath and a lens cleaner towel for eyeglasses to clean the smears and grease.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Paper towels are made of wood fibers that could scratch your screen! No way would I risk this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Use the cloth that came with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.