KRK to macbook pro sound quality...

Reaction score
i am looking at playing music through my laptop direct to krk rokit 5 monitor speakers, i have been told that without an audio interface the sound quality will be poorer than with. By how much will the sound quality differ? and will a simple behringer/m-audio audio interface for around £20 suffice in getting the most out of them? Thanks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Xeon 6gb DDR2 1TB OSX Server
Give RCA/TRS connections a shot and if you still hear too much noise/feedback for your liking in the monitors look into buying an interface and some XLR cabling.

It's really all up to your liking and budget.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
you dont have to get an interface, just use a stereo 1/8" jack to dual mono 1/4" jack or phono cable.

Unless you have a fine ear, you probably wont notice any audio degradation at all. Its just alot of people get very anal about their music (we refer to them as audiophiles) and they like their audio to run through proper AD/DAs to maintain the best sound quality.

If you are just wanting them for general listening - get the cable, itll be fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.