PDA

View Full Version : How to insert an image in a thread in this forum,please?

Erika
10-04-2011, 02:53 AM
I can't figure out how to insert an image in a thread!
When i hit the Insert Image button a message appears telling me to insert URL http://of my image.
The image is in a folder in my Mac.
How to figure out what its URL is and insert it ?

I know it is silly question , sorry, I am not very much of a techie...

Thanks for any help fellow mac users

CrimsonRequiem
10-04-2011, 03:17 AM
You need to upload the image to a picture sharing website or upload the image as an attachment.

bobtomay
10-04-2011, 07:51 AM
To insert an image that's on your computer:

Click the Go Advanced button below the reply box.
Scroll down to the Additional Options section
Click the Manage Attachments button

toMACsh
10-04-2011, 02:02 PM
I see from the options in Manage Attachments, one is not limited to uploading to a website. That should make it easy enough, even for me! Glad I opened this one.

ellenmac
01-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Thank you for this info, i did not know that either.

Hazoss
04-01-2012, 07:40 PM
To insert an image that's on your computer:

Click the Go Advanced button below the reply box.
Scroll down to the Additional Options section
Click the Manage Attachments button

Thanks for the pointer -
I tried this and have a sketch done on skitch on my desktop -
when I try to upload it says 'invalid file'
it end with .png - tried reducing the pic image - but can't upload.
maybe skitch is not registering the file reduction -
any help will be welcome - thanks.

I.M.O.G.
04-19-2012, 02:16 PM
Here are instructions:

In order to upload a PNG here, it must be smaller than 1.95MB in size. If it is larger, you must lower the resolution and save the file again before trying to upload it. Or you can save the file as a jpg or something which reduces the file size.

If it has a PNG extension, it must actually have been saved as a PNG file as well - if you save it as one format, then change the extension to something else, it will cause errors.

Hazoss
04-19-2012, 06:08 PM
Finally gave up - until your post.

Thanks IMOG for the graphic explanation, much appreciated.
Will give it a try.

I.M.O.G.
04-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Keep in mind the part about the filesize, different filetypes have different size limits - any file less than 1MB is fine. Any PNG less than 1.95MB is fine too. Anything too large, or with an incorrect file extension will give you an error.

If you still can't get it, email me the file and I'd like to test uploading it and figure out what the problem is for you: spamisyummy@gmail.com (this is the email address I use publicly, someone has to keep google's spam filters busy)

Hazoss
05-05-2012, 08:48 AM
Thanks, not tried yet - but will get there soon.
So good to know that all of this help is just a click away when you need it :)
Thanks to clever and helpful folk like you.

badshoehabit
05-04-2016, 03:45 PM
Use the Insert Image icon from the top line of the reply box. It gives a choice of uploading from your computer or a URL (website address, eg Flickr).

IWT
05-05-2016, 04:50 AM
I can't figure out how to insert an image in a thread! When i hit the Insert Image button a message appears telling me to insert URL http://of my image.

When you click on the Insert Image icon as shown in Sue's post #3, you should see this:

Select the Computer option (rather than URL). Then choose "Select Files", navigate to where the image is (I keep mine temporarily on the Desktop for this purpose) and click on "upload image".

Ian

Lisa yi
05-12-2016, 10:42 PM
Use the Insert Image icon from the top line of the reply box. It gives a choice of uploading from your computer or a URL (website address, eg Flickr).

Thanks for your answer

Rod Sprague
05-13-2016, 12:45 AM
I'm surprised at how many ways this seemingly simple activity can be done, quite educational. I have always said there are at least three ways to do the same thing on any computer.
When I go "Advanced" and click the attachment button on the toolbar I see this window;

I click "Add Files" and that takes me to a window where I can "Select Files" clicking that takes me to my desktop which is where I choose to keep screen shots. I select one and click "Upload."
Then I see this;

At the bottom right of that window Insert Inline (0) the zero changes to (1).
It will insert the image wherever the cursor has been left but you can use the Return and delete buttons to move the insertion point of e.g. [ATTACH[/ATTACH]

harryb2448
05-13-2016, 02:24 AM
Think it was sorted as originalpost was 2011.

Rod Sprague
05-13-2016, 02:38 AM
Darn, I've done it again. This catches me out all the time, how come a post from 2011 ends up on the New Posts page?