Ti Powerbook error code disp /13/2 HELP!!!!!!

J

jossies_giant

I'm a Graphic Designer in England and my Mac is doing my head in! Its been doing it for sometime now, my display keeps breaking. I know its not the actual display because sometimes it works, i think it must be a software problem of some sort. I've run the hardware test and its coming up with 'error code disp /13/2'. What can I do? I can fix the problem temporarily by reinstalling OSX but after w while it goes back to this broken state where the mouse leaves a trail, drop down menus leave bits behind when they close and the screen is just generally a mess.

I need my mac for work and I'm worried that I'm going to lose my portfolio

Please can someone help??

Stevo :doctor: 'error code disp /13/2'

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Since you ran the hardware and received the error. You have a hardware problem. I did a google search and came up with this.

macosx.com said:
Error disp/13/2 means the on board video is bad and it's part of the logic board on this machine, which will have to be replaced.

I would hazard a guess that your graphic card is going bad.

OP
J

jossies_giant

Thanks

I thought that might be the problem, just need to know the best form of attack to getting it fixed

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.