Windows 7 64-bit drivers, Mac OS X 10.5, iMac(2009, Winter)

Reaction score
After using Windows XP 32-bit for a while we wanted to change over to Windows 7 64-bit instead. After installing most things went fine, but when I tried to install the drivers with the Mac OS X Install DVD it said it had no drivers available. Any ideas on finding the right drivers? I tried installing BootCamp 3.0 from a 10.6 DVD, but that didn't work either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you try to install the drivers from the Snow Leopard DVD? Just insert the SL DVD while Windows 7 is up and running and the drivers should automatically install. Note, however, that Snow Leopard only supported XP and Vista but some of the drivers should work.

OP
S
Reaction score
Yeah, e.g . the sound driver works, but I still miss out the graphics driver. The driver from nvidia.com don't work either.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download the correct nVidia 64 bit driver for your chipset? Most of the drivers on the nVidia site are for 32 bit Windows.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.