Problems downloading WP7 Connector for Mac

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to download WP7 Connector for Mac but it's trying to open with Final Cut Pro or suggests I choose another application to open with. I have no idea which application I should use. I want to transfer photos from my HTC 7 Mozart to my iPhotos and begin downloading music to my phone.
I have a Macbook Pro (OS X 10.6.8). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Billy

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't have one of those phones, but you may want to try using Image Capture for getting photos off the phone and onto your Mac.

For the WP7 Connector, the released version is only available through the Mac App Store. It is for syncing from your Mac to the HTC. If you're trying to download it from MS, you're only downloading a txt file anyway - dump it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Don't have one of those phones, but you may want to try using Image Capture for getting photos off the phone and onto your Mac.

For the WP7 Connector, the released version is only available through the Mac App Store. It is for syncing from your Mac to the HTC. If you're trying to download it from MS, you're only downloading a txt file anyway - dump it.

Thanks for your reply. The problem isn't finding the WP7 Connector, it's just that my computer asks me which application I want to download it with. I don't know what to choose here.

I can't use Image Capture, because the computer doesn't even detect my Htc Mozart. I need to download WP7 Connector for that.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Thanks for your reply. The problem isn't finding the WP7 Connector, it's just that my computer asks me which application I want to download it with. I don't know what to choose here.

So, where did you get it from? I only ask this because from what I can tell it is downloaded and automatically installed in a single click from the Mac App Store.

It sounds very much like you've downloaded a file with an unknown extension. In other words, you've got the wrong file there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.