• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

My friend and I have been camped out for the next iPhone since Monday.

Reaction score
Jess and I have been posted at the Apple Store on Fifth Avenue in NYC since Monday, but we aren't able to begin the official line. We've been in and around the plaza since we can't technically sleep here, but we plan on constantly moving around the block of the cube until the night before Tuesday and we get to grab our official place.

We were wondering if any of you guys would be coming down here to join in on waiting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5 iMac 3.06 ghz 12gb ram 500g HD iPad 2 16G
Sounds like you've got some time on your hands....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is assuming the next iPhone is being released on October 4. Most likely it'll be released sometime later in October. I would suggest holding off till the actual release date is announced before you start forming a line.

OP
J
Reaction score
This is assuming the next iPhone is being released on October 4. Most likely it'll be released sometime later in October. I would suggest holding off till the actual release date is announced before you start forming a line.

We're okay with being out here until November. Just looking for some company.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Not much else to do huh??

Reaction score

Exactly - so far (rumor has it) the iPhone will be announced and shown on Oct 4th - no word on the actual release. Take some warm jackets and portable fire pit! You might be out there for a loooong time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
HAHA

Only in America ;P

But honestly as Kash posted, we are not even sure if there will be a launch of the new iPhone. But i can understand people wanting there 15mins of fame too.

Just saying :)

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved. Not an Apple rumor or report.

@Jess and Keenen

Please read forum descriptions and Sticky notices before posting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.