Probably simple fix, but...

nd0

Reaction score
Hello all, new user here. I searched this forum and read the networking FAQ but couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'm a new mac user running Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.8 on an Intel iMac and was wondering how to switch from using my wired ethernet connection to wi-fi without manually unplugging the ethernet cable - i have two separate connections (shared apartment wi-fi and my own wired connection) that I'm testing. I'm sure there's a simple fix but I couldn't find it. Any help would be certainly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Just go into network preferences-and select there. YOu can also choose the order of priority by dragging your preferred method to the top.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks Brian for posting that. I was going to respond but got busy helping a friend, but that is the way. Many OSX users do not know that but it's so easy like most things OSX.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.