Can't find my Mac os after installing windows on bootcamp

Reaction score
PLEASE HELP!
This is my first post so I hope I am doing this correctly. I installed windows xp on my MacBook using bootcamp. It brought up an error message " press any key to restart" but pressing any key wouldn't work, so I held down the button to turn it off. I have tried every way possible to boot it up and get on my computer, nothing works! When I hold the option key while starting the computer, I only get a picture of a lock and under it a place for a password, never seen this before, my password doesn't open it. I put in the leopard cd and restarted it holding the c key and nothing, it brought up the same error message "press any key". Could I have wiped out the Mac os completely? I'm at a loss, any one have any ideas that I could try?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to this forum. "Running Windows.........."

It sounds like you may have overwritten your Mac partition when you attempted to install Windows XP. Try this:

Reset the PRAM. Try rebooting again to see if you can get into OS X. Also try booting again with your Leopard DVD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.