Chessbase software

Reaction score
Hello! I'd like to know which one (bootcamp,parallels desktop or any other) is better to run windows 7 on iMac or MacBook pro in order to support and play chessbase programs such as fritz 12, chessbase and others. I' m asking this because these chess programs need powerful processors and sometimes tend to be problematic on windows laptops too, for example using these programes I had difficulties to run some other programs at the same time. So I want to know how they work on Mac before I buy it. Does anyone know? Thank you!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hello! I'd like to know which one (bootcamp,parallels desktop or any other) is better to run windows 7 on iMac or MacBook pro in order to support and play chessbase programs such as fritz 12, chessbase and others. I' m asking this because these chess programs need powerful processors and sometimes tend to be problematic on windows laptops too, for example using these programes I had difficulties to run some other programs at the same time. So I want to know how they work on Mac before I buy it. Does anyone know? Thank you!

Boot Camp or a virtualization product (I prefer VMWare to Parallels). Either way, you'll get native processor performance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.