How to connect my IPad to my Time Capsule

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can connect my IPad to my Time Capsule?, do I need to have an app installed on the Ipad?
I hope you can help me...I´d like to watch in my IPad, the films and files that I have saved in my TC.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP, iPhone 6, iPad4, iPad Mini Retnia, WHS 2011
I don't think there is any way (or reason) to make that connection.

I you want to view media on your PC use AirPlay or an app like Orb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Sorry, but the reason seems obvious, no need to have the Mac or PC running.

There's currently no way I know to stream content direct from a TC to an iPad. There are file browser apps that let copy content from network strage to the ipad and once copied it can be play but that's not ideal.

The 'slickest' way is to have your PC/Mac act as a server as BetaVirus suggested.

Orb is a bit flaky in my experience. ZumoCast or StreamToMe/ServeToMe (my personal favourite) offer a free desktop app and matching ipad/iphone app to stream pretty much any video/audio content across your network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
If you want to stream from Mac/PC to iPad, check out Air Video Server. It's amazing. Works exactly as described. App Store - Air Video - Watch your videos anywhere!

There is no way to stream from your Time Capsule (or any other hard drive) without having a computer running.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Just found this article - but again you need some machine running to use it.
Stream Videos and Music From Your Mac To Your iPhone or iPad | MGG Answers | The Mac Observer
Secondly - if you do this on a machine that moves around to different networks - like a laptop - you'll have to be careful and turn off the webserver when leaving a trusted network.
That being said - I was able to stream my iTunes movies and music (non-drm) using this method - where the data resides on the TC - but you could see the TC through /Volumes
Note there is some terminal work and it does require sudo - so be careful.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I've never tried it with the TC (though I have one and might try it just for fun) but I use FileBrowser (iPad APP) all the time to stream content from my D-Link NAS. It's also AirPlay compatible, so you can stream from the iPad to ATV too if you wish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MB Pro, 2.66 i7 ; 11” MBA 1.8GZ i7; 13"MBA 2GZ i7 8 GB mem 512GB SSD, 2 iPad3s, 1 iPad Mini
Or just use a

GoFlex Satellite. WIFI direct to your iPad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.