• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

NYC Radiohead fans...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
I saw Radiohead about 15 years ago - they opened for REM at a concert in Italy (I was stationed there.) I enjoyed the Radiohead show much more than REM and at the time - I had no idea who they were.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Bookmark this page:

Tickets | Radiohead - New York NY at Ticketmaster

Next week, the 28th and 29th at the Roseland Ballroom. I'm going to the Thursday show. Anyone care to join? It's general admission. My wife and I, along with one of my best buds, and possibly his wife, and likely some people that he works with, and people I work with will be attending.

Edit: Tix go on sale Mon the 26th at 10 am

Doug

So so envous :)
How big is this Ballroom place?? Because you don't want to be "Packt Like Sardines in a Crushd Tin Box" ;P

Cheers

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Wow.. so you thought it was funny enough for both here AND on G+... BOLD! ;D

Not that I have a real come back for it though... haha

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Wow.. so you thought it was funny enough for both here AND on G+... BOLD! ;D

Not that I have a real come back for it though... haha

Doug

Trying to show off my wit and if that means double posting so be it ;)

OP
Doug b
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah so... it looks like only a very FEW LUCKY "fans" will be going. Once again, real fans get the shaft because of these D.bag ticket scalpers (otherwise known as "brokers") whom have back door access to the venue, and because Ticketmaster sucK$ with a capped S. Being in bed with online brokers doesn't exactly jibe well when it comes to small brokers and fans getting a fair shot at tickets.

Tix went on sale at 10, and only if you were extremely lucky did you get through. A lot of people got to the point of their credit cards going through processing, and then actually LOST the tickets at the last second! There are tons of really P'd off Radiohead fans up on their Facebook page right now... Me being one of them. I took off from work to see them and couldn't get tickets.

I HATE ticketmaster... the only thing they're masters of is screwing people over for a buck. But this is America.. I shouldn't expect anything less.

/rant.

D.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.