Open Processing Sketches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
So I'm currently in Architecture school and last year we got a new professor who graduated from MIT. This professor has had a considerable amount of control in introducing new programs to bring our university to an entirely new level of technology use. Now he has introduced a class called Computational Methods as a required course for graduation which focuses on methods of animating our work and presentations.

Right now we're learning to use the processing language, created by two students at MIT, to do quick sketches and designs. I've attached an image of one of my latest submissions to our class on openprocessing.org.

Has anyone else used processing in the design field or seen this program before? I'd be interested to know what type of people are using this program and what they are using it for.

Oh and here's the link to the animated version of my drawing, you can view the code here too...

Transform Loop - OpenProcessing

Screen shot 2011-09-20 at 2.40.34 PM.png

C

chas_m

<old man rant> Back in MY day, the Spirograph was a TOY FOR KIDS! now they call it "fractal geometry" and it's a college course! Hummph!</getoffmylawn> :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.