Reaching Mac 10.6 Server FTP from Windows 7

z0r

Reaction score
All,

I've got another headache of a problem! I am having trouble, from inside our office network, setting up an FTP server and reaching from a windows machine here in the office. I have forwarded the mac mini servers IP address through port 20-21 for FTP at our firewall/router, enabled and started FTP in the server admin within snow leopard server (not allowing anonymous), and enabled kerberos and standard authentication. I'm attempting to connect using the WAN IP address, and I've connected with a macbook successfully, and verified the connection in server admin. I can't seem to do the same with any of the windows machines in the office though. Is there a problem connecting using the WAN IP from within the LAN? Should I try connecting from, say, my home PC? Are there any extra methods necessary to get the mac server and the windows machine to play nice? Please note that I've also tried using FileZilla on the PC and the same result. The message is "connection timeout".

Thanks so much in advance for any ideas.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.