Soon-to-be Switcher

Reaction score
Hello! I will soon be ordering my very first Mac...a shiny, new iMac! I have just one quick question. Can I use my existing Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard? I've tried the tiny little iMac keyboard and am not crazy about it. Long fingernails and tiny keyboard do not play well together. ;) I also thought about the wired keyboard with number keypad as I do use this quite a bit, but can't really tell if the keyboard part is larger than the wireless version. Any insight? Thanks!!

Lisa

Reaction score
Yes, you can use any Bluetooth or USB keyboard and mouse...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2015 27" iMac, 3.3ghz, M395 gpu, 2tb Fusion, 8gb
You may want to try the magic mouse though, unless you ordered the trackpad. Either way, you'll lose gestures without them. I tried a magic mouse when they first came out and immediately bought one for myself. Not everybody likes them, so try it yourself.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I don't have a problem with the mouse, although I will probably order the trackpad. It's just the keyboard that I think would be very difficult to adjust to. As long as I can use a USB keyboard, I'll be a happy camper! :Cool:

Reaction score
good luck with your purchase and feel free to come back with more questions once you start using your mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The keyboard should be basically standard layout what is deceiving is no excess around the Apple keyboard and lack of number pad unless you opt for the wired one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Don't forget about the keyboard layout and special keys like Command and fn.

Reaction score
Didn't like the magic mouse, and Trackpad did not allow me to be precise enough. Now I use both a Logitech mouse and a Trackpad on my iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In order to make use of the gestures Lion provides a Magic Mouse or TrackPad will have to used my personal preference would be a TrackPad once you acclimate to it going back to a mouse seems slow or to me anyway besides you can have both.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.