PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 4 or 5 ?

Michael S
09-05-2011, 08:27 AM
I got a MacBook Pro the day I signed up for MacForums;), but I think my Mac should have an Apple companion:Oops:. I thought about getting an iPad 2 16GB (WiFi) considering they're cheaper than the iPhone 4. Or I was thinking of getting an iPod Touch 4G to replace my neglected 3G. But then I thought about how much I would use them. I thought about the iPad and it would probably end up neglected in a drawer which is pretty much what would happen with the iPod Touch 4G:o. My friends have said "Just get an iPod Touch 4G (for the apps) with a Blackberry Curve (for the communication)" but that would be quite bulky in my pocket and insufficient:Not-Amused:. So iPhone 4 is obviously the best choice. But should I wait for the iPhone 5 or just get the iPhone 4 ? :\:Confused:

cwa107
09-05-2011, 08:34 AM
So iPhone 4 is obviously the best choice. But should I wait for the iPhone 5 or just get the iPhone 4 ? :\:Confused:

Hard to say since the iPhone 5 doesn't exist yet. Rumors and speculation seem to suggest that it's coming out later this month, but it's anyone's guess.

If you can afford to wait, you probably should.

Did someone really tell you to buy an iPod Touch and a Blackberry to complement it? If so, I wouldn't ask that person for technology advice ever again. ;)

Michael S
09-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Hard to say since the iPhone 5 doesn't exist yet. Rumors and speculation seem to suggest that it's coming out later this month, but it's anyone's guess.

If you can afford to wait, you probably should.

Did someone really tell you to buy an iPod Touch and a Blackberry to complement it? If so, I wouldn't ask that person for technology advice ever again. ;)

Yeah I can wait and the rumours are really building up;P Thanks and your right on the last bit :Cool: Lol

Eric559
09-16-2011, 01:40 AM
I have a 3GS. I'm afraid that the iPhone 4 will not have all new features of iOS 5 when it release. Such as iMessage, new notification, iCloud, ... Maybe I wait until iPhone 5 release and decide.

I'm pretty sure the iPhone 4 will have all those features as well.

StevenRight
09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
They say iPhone 5 will be announce on 10/4/2011. Maybe it's still a rumor. Maybe they just announce it and it will still not be available for a while, but at least it's just a few more day's wait.

stevej
09-29-2011, 06:02 PM
I don't think the 4 is more than an iPad at least here at Sam's. I have AT&T and bought one at Sam's for $147 with a new 2 year contract a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure Verizon's price with the upgrade was the same. Don't know the price at WM as I haven't looked there.

cwa107
09-29-2011, 06:36 PM
I don't think the 4 is more than an iPad at least here at Sam's. I have AT&T and bought one at Sam's for $147 with a new 2 year contract a couple of weeks ago. I'm sure Verizon's price with the upgrade was the same. Don't know the price at WM as I haven't looked there.

That's with a contract. Think of that $147 as a "down payment", you're recouping the rest of the cost in your mobile contract. A new, unsubsidized iPhone stickers for $649 without a contract.

j0nb0y32
09-30-2011, 12:29 AM
buy the iphone 4.

At least then you are not disappointed if apple introduce something stupid like the small sim cad which makes it virtually impossible to use in any other country other than the US and UK for at least 6months after launch.......

play safe

J

osxx
09-30-2011, 09:42 AM
I would wait if you don't like the 5 there will be some good deals to be had on a 4.

MacLicious
09-30-2011, 11:48 PM
After what I heard about the iphone 5 voice commands I would definitely wait for the 5. Almost wish I had waited, I still have 2 more years of my 3 year contract left. You people that can get yours for 2 year contracts are lucky. We get jammed up here in the frozen north.

P.s. Wait for the 5. You won't be sorry!