• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Facebook Guru's on here?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
I have 2 different accounts. My personal account and one that I play the stoopid games with (so I don't overload my newsfeed with game requests).

However....

Both of my accounts "look" different. See attached. I like the look of my "game account" over my personal account.

I seem to have lost my "Top News - Most Recent - Games" on my personal account. I don't like this! Is this a new FB page or can I get the old look back (like my game acct).

The first image is my Personal Account's home page
Second is my game acct's home page. (which is what I want on my personal)

Any help? I can't seem to find out why this is happening.

FB.jpg

FB2.jpg

Reaction score
I really dont know, alot of unordinary things have been happening to my account as well. I believe it is starting to get "bugs" like myspace had problems with. Just my personal opinion. Didn't you know u can "hack" a facebook password for 100bux or w/e it is? Youtube it if you don't me.........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel MacBookPro 15" Lion OS. iPad2, iPhone 4S, + 13" MacBook + eMac + G4, fanboy since 1985
Didn't you know u can "hack" a facebook password for 100bux or w/e it is? Youtube it if you don't me.........

this is why you should always visit FB whilst using a https connection, not simply http. Nor should you click on 3rd party links for games or those silly "find out who did this" rubbish, they will prompt you to leave your secure connection anyway, so you can avoid them easily. I've been a FB user since 2007, I really like it and it suits me a treat for keeping in touch with family & friends; but it staggers me that people will connect to it unsecured. Also the personal data people allow to be visible is staggering.

OP
MACyMouse
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Well after doing some digging... I finally found a FB discussion page where only some people are seeing this and some aren't. It's a FB test trial. They may do large groups or small groups. That's why both my accounts are seeing something different. My game account is not in the "testing" field.

Been heaps of complaints about it so I hope they decided to switch it back soon.

Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.