• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

College Football Fans - Check in...

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
Is anyone else enjoying the end of the long drought like I am? Some great games - including last night's BU/TCU game.

Who is your team? Do you cheer for the school you attended? (I hope so!!) :)

Hoping to see USF take down Notre Dame and ECU take down USC - early still - so we'll see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I would like to call myself a college football fan, but it seems that I would be lying. After all the drama lately, I could care less about it, NFL, NBA, or other sports. I will still root for Ohio State and Navy, regardless if I watch or not.

As for the school I go to, yeah, it's the only place I actually care about doing good!

Notre Dame's going down!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
I would like to call myself a college football fan, but it seems that I would be lying. After all the drama lately, I could care less about it, NFL, NBA, or other sports. I will still root for Ohio State and Navy, regardless if I watch or not.

As for the school I go to, yeah, it's the only place I actually care about doing good!

Notre Dame's going down!

I basically agree.

Only care about two things:

1) Razorbacks win. :D
2) Notre Dame loses ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
(27" iMac i5) (2011 15" MacBook Pro)
PSU fan here.

I enjoy watching good match ups. I hate when Division I teams beat up on Division II teams. That's like letting a AAAA High School team play a single A team. I just think college football is so shady. At the least, a team from lets say the Big 10 should have to play every team in their conference, and then there's the whole BCS debacle. A team like Oregon is pretty much screwed after last night's spanking. Just my $.02.

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD

Notre Dame's going down!

Oh yeah - Thanks for reminding me - OSU is the other team I regularly root against - although largely because I happen to know a couple of incredibly obnoxious fans.

I basically agree.

Only care about two things:

1) Razorbacks win. :D
2) Notre Dame loses ;D

Can't argue with that. I'm basically an honorary Razorback as I happen to know a bunch of alum here in Md - and go to their annual pig toast regularly.

PSU fan here.

I enjoy watching good match ups. I hate when Division I teams beat up on Division II teams. That's like letting a AAAA High School team play a single A team. I just think college football is so shady. At the least, a team from lets say the Big 10 should have to play every team in their conference, and then there's the whole BCS debacle. A team like Oregon is pretty much screwed after last night's spanking. Just my $.02.

I used to feel a little like that until I realized that those matchups are huge for those FCS teams and they actively seek them out. They usually get a good payday for that school. Besides - it's becoming a yearly occurrence where one or two manage to pull out the upset which is always fun - as long as your team isn't on the wrong end of one. :Blushing:

Nothing is perfect - and I'm sure we could all write paragraphs on how it could be better - but it still doesn't change the fact that I love watching CFB and this was a pretty good weekend of games.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
largely because I happen to know a couple of incredibly obnoxious fans.

I've seen obnoxious fans on every team I have ever watched. That's not what makes me root against them.

OP
BrianLachoreVPI

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've seen obnoxious fans on every team I have ever watched. That's not what makes me root against them.

I have no doubt about that - it's just that one guy in particular - drives me absolutely crazy - and he didn't even go to OSU!! It's just blind rhetoric - no discussion of the game - and it took me from being ambivalent about OSU to definitely rooting against them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
Good day for me yesterday. The real USC (Southern Cal) won - UCLA and Notre Dame lost.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
Illini for me. :D

illini.jpeg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.