ADSL internet access is slow with Lion

czb

Reaction score
I am currently traveling and have not had problems running my MacBook Pro on any other networks; however I am trying to use an ADSL connection at the hotel and the speed is painfully slow. When the tech looks at the speed of the network on a PC it is fast but for me loads at 58 kbit/s. Is this an issue with Lion? Any ideas on how I can fix this as the techs here do not know anything about Macs? Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post was moved to the proper forum.

The fact that you have not had problems on other networks should tell you that your machine is fine and not a problem with Lion.

I wouldn't be concerned about the slow speeds at any particular hotel. If the same occurs at home on your normal network, then I would worry about it.

Hotel routers and signal boosters are usually not optimized and very few hotel "techs" are savvy enough to trouble shoot problems.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if it is anything like Down Under, hotels do not subscribe to the fast plans as they cost more!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.