• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Am I a traitor

D

dlisle20

Im a gamer and i also love macs, but i only had my powerbook and i played games - arrghhhh. I then went of to build myself a PC and i now find myself using it more than my mac :( am i evil?

Reaction score
Use whatever works best for you, I wouldn't expect any body to do differently.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I own two PCs; I never use them, but I'm happy to know they're there, if I ever need them. You'll find many members here, who own PCs. I'm keeping my one for gaming, if I should happen to find one that a game that I like.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Remeber, they are tools. Some tools are better suited for certain jobs. Some time a claw hammer is better for the job than a ball peen hammer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
The only downside is that you'll have to change your signature... :mac:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I use my AMD for Games, games that are not even out for the Mac, so if I want to play them I have to use a PC. I use my P4 for Video capture and conversion. It's faster than the Macs I can afford by quite a bit when converting from say AVI to DVD. I use my Macs for everything else pertaining to me. I use the PC's to help others with their PC problems also which is almost a daily job. And just as a side note, I don't have problems overall with my PC's or XP. VERY RARE. Only one in recent time was a Maxtor DiamondMax 9 drive getting bad sectors. That is not Windows or the PC's fault. No problems with OSX either.

As RMan stated, use the best tool for the job. For Gaming a PC is a much better platform at the moment anyway. That could change in the future with the switch to Intel. Only time will tell.

OP
T

tafika

I own 2 PCs. And I only just started using Macs in the last year or so.
Though I used to use the PCs more than the Mac when I didn't have internet connection to my room... now I'm networked I'm mostly on the Mac.
Though, I do have newer software on my PC. It's a lot harder to find new programs for the Mac, I'm still looking though.

I can't say I have a preference to be honest. To me, they both do the job that I want. Even though my newer PC is faster than my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I drive a VW Passat. If I have to haul 25 two-by-fours from Home Depot, I'll use a friend's Chevy S10 pickup. Does that make me a "traitor" to VW?

Some folks get all caught up in Apple's being the be-all end-all computing environment. The fact is that it's very good for some things and not as good for others.

Technology is here to serve us, not the other way around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
That wasn't me, I swear it.

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.