Wireless Guest Network issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Dual Core.
I have an imac (2010) can't get the correct model cause i'm not in front of it right now.

My wife has a MacBook Pro 15" (2010)

We live above a Coffee Shop and because we just moved there the owner was kind enough to let us use his coffee shop wife until we get our internet provider on our new address.

ISSUE:

When my wife opens her macbook she sees the network as one of the options to connect. So she clicks on it and then when she opens the browser it redirects her to a page (looks like a router page) which then requires her to enter a password. All great!

When I turn on my computer, I see the wireless network as she does. However when I open my browser I am not redirect to any where. My Safari, Firefox, and Chrome browsers all assume I am offline and just give me your typical cannot load page error. My wifi settings tells me that I am connected to the network, but I can't get to the password screen.

I've compared my network settings with my wife's network settings. They are identical!

So what could be causing my computer not to connect? Or my browsers not to redirect to the password page?

I have a local server setup in my computer (MAMP), and I thought that could have something to do with the issue. I turned it off but nothing changed.

Any ideas?

OP
gimperdaniel
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.16 Dual Core.
Yeah it shows that I have the IP address. I will try that,. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.