audio interference

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, iphone4
can't see my pm replies

I PM a member and they replied to my messages but the replies are not in my inbox or I cannot see them. I see the messages I have sent but not the replies to them. I really need to see what someone sent me. I looked at the replies before, when they were new and unread messages. Why can't I see them now? thanks.

Here is my original message if anyone can help me with this problem:
I am new here and just learning about A/V stuff and Macs. My MacBook pro has been connected to the TV and Sony receiver via Dynex mini display port to HDMI, a HDMI interface box and RCA audio cords. The volume has to be turned up as loud as it can go to hear the movie playing on my Mac through the speakers. That does not seem right and you can hear some undesirable noise b/c the volume is so high. Can you tell me why the volume has to be that high? Does it have anything to do with the quality of the audio cord? Is there a setting on the computer I need to change? Didn't have this problem with my husband's playstation but he took it when he left and now I am trying to put things back together in my A/V closet. Any suggestions? I was reading your sticky on connecting Mac to TV but could not find my answer. Thanks. Beth

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There's a "drop-down" menu (above the message area & below the multi-colored bar chart) where you have to choose "Inbox" instead of "Sent Items".

HTH,

- Nick

OP
redshifted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, iphone4
Nick,

I have been all over those options in the message place and it will not show the replies. Its very frustrating. Maybe I deleted the replies but not the original message? It says I have 3 stored messages but 0 messages in my inbox.

Beth

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I just saw your post in "Music, Audio and Pod Casting". Not sure what you're referring to but you haven't received any replies to your question yet. If you're subscribed to the thread you'll receive replies (if any) via your email address.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I think you might be a little confused about how forums work.

When you post a thread in a forum, you are "subscribed to it". The default behavior for this forum is that you will receive email notifications any time someone responds to a subscribed thread. That email will contain a link that directs you straight to the latest post in the discussion thread.

The Private Messaging system is used for sending a message to another member - it is not publicly accessible and is between you and the other member only. You can see all of your private messages by clicking the Profile button (top of the page) and choosing "List Messages", along the left side of the Profile screen. Anytime you receive a reply or a private message, you'll get an email with links that will take you straight to the message.

The Private Messaging system is generally not used for seeking technical assistance. That is better done in the public forums, where the entire community can chime in and/or benefit from the knowledge shared in the discussion.

Hope that helps.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're looking for the same answer to the above PM - head for the sticky - Post # 2 - item # 4B.

If that PM is not in your Inbox, it would have to have been deleted.

OP
redshifted
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, iphone4
I think I might have deleted your reply. Thanks.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Note: Merged/deleted multiple duplicate threads/posts.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.