Logitech MX518 Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I had been using the Apple Bluetooth mouse for almost a year but batteries/no scroll/single button was just getting to be a little annoying after a while, so I picked up a MX518.

The software for the mouse is windows only, so I downloaded the Logitech Control Center, which did more harm then good, I could only move the mouse but none of the buttons worked (not even left and right click). So I uninstalled that and installed USB Overdrive.

Right now all of the buttons work when I am playing games, and I can configure all of the buttons to work with Dashboard/Expose, but I can't get the back and forward buttons to work in Safari or Firefox.

Anybody have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
you should be able to program those buttons for the 'history' commands in safari or whatever browser you're using. ?[ for back and ?] for forward

grr...character palatte symbols don't show up..

replace the '?' with the 'apple symbol'

in the control center assign the action as a keystroke. hope this works for you. it's how i got my mx310 to work correctly

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried that. It is almost like USB Overdrive isn't detecting the mouse

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
not really sure what usb overdrive is. can you re-download the control center? i downloaded it directly from logitech's site and not the cd that came with the mouse. it loaded itself in system preferences just fine for me.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I downloaded it from the website because it wasn't on the CD. The mouse isn't supposed to be compatible with OS X so I don't think it will work

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I got it. Reinstalled the Logitech Control Center, uninstalled it, uninstalled USB Overdrive, and reinstalled USB Overdrive, now it works completely

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 14in
sweet.
nice mouse btw ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yea i really like it.

very comfortable, good button placement, and the adjustable DPI is great in FPS games, very glad I got it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.