• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

apple event. october 12

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, 14'', 1.33 Ghz, 60gig, 768ram, Mac OsX 10.4.3
S

Steaminx

Video iPod maybe? Maybe the video music store.

I wish they would do a live vidcast.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Over on Macrumors they are expecting new iPods and PowerMac updates.

I

iMe

Benjamindaines said:
Over on Macrumors they are expecting new iPods and PowerMac updates.
Thats what Steve wants us the think. But I say bring on the Intels baby!!!!!
I'm just kidding, but I hope its some new iPods, because my mini is far too small. And I refuse to buy a Nano.

By the way, has anybody seen the new Intel commercial. I found it over at the Maccast, and thought it was strange. You can click here is see it.
http://www.maccast.com/2005/10/02/are-new-intel-centrino-ads-relling-us-something/

Reaction score
G5 upgrades to the powerbooks? Maybe A smaller version of the 20gb IPod. Both of those would be nice...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 1.2 1.25Gig RAM Emac 1.42Ghz 1GB RAM
I've got a feeling this won't have anything to do with the Mac computers.

Probably either a video iPod, or something along those lines like the streaming video airport.

If there is anything on the Mac front, it may be a switch to the 7448 PPC G4 that was introduced by FreeScale in June. That would replace the 7457 currently being used.

The 7448 is a 90nm part vs the 130nm 7457, officially goes up to 1.7Ghz at launch (7457 only goes to 1.3Ghz 'officially'), and only consumes 10W at 1Ghz. That is actually a significant improvement in terms of power over the 7457 that is currently used in iBooks, PowerBooks, and the eMac. The 7448 also has a 200Mhz FSB vs the 7457's 166Mhz FSB, 1MB L3 cache vs 512k L3 cache, and improvements in the execution pipeline and AltiVec. It would extend battery life while increasing performance and probably reliability (less heat).

Here's hoping, anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.