Video streaming on OS network

Reaction score
Hi, I can stream video to my HDTV with Airplay via my iPad but the sound will only play on the TV. How can I stream the sound over my network? I am playing music videos for a party so want the sounds all through my house...

Thanks in advance for any comments that may be helpful...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you have multiple devices (TVs/Stereos) hooked up to the network via Airport Express stations you stream audio to all devices simultainiously. You can even select it from the iPad.

OP
M
Reaction score
Vid and Audio

Hi, thanks for your response. It won't work. If I play a music video the sound is isolated to that TV/sound system. If I play a song however it streams fine over the network (through my house). VERY annoying...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmmm...Frankly I've never tired it. One would think it would work and yet....

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi thanks for your reply. I've tried everything and am pretty savvy with this stuff. There is nothing to reference on the net and it only refers to video via airplay to your TV but never mentions the sound streaming on your network. Maybe it will be a feature of OS5?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Could be. I just tried it and you are right, it will only stream video to one device, not all as it does for audio. Interesting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.