Start up after deleting windows

Reaction score
hi everyone,
i recently deleted windows off my Mac but now whenever i start my mac up i need to hold ''alt" and select the macintosh HD. Is there anything i can do so that i do not have to hold down alt everytime i start up?

Thanks
Karl

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums

Start up your mac and use the "Alt" key to start up into OSX, when you have logged in go to System Preferences > Startup Disk and select your OSX disk/ partition. Now whenever you start up your computer it should default to OSX.

Hope this helps

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Not a problem, glad it's sorted. Out of curiosity though how did you delete windows? Was it through BootCamp?

- Simon

Reaction score
You can have this problem if you manually delete Windows from the Windows partition but don't use bootcamp to restore it. You might want to check to see if your hard drive has 1 or 2 partitions on it. If you haven't already, go into Boot Camp and try restoring the drive to a single OSX partition. Just to be on the safe side.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.