FM Transmitter for iPhone4

Reaction score
Hey!

I have been using a 2005 Griffin iTrip in my car with my 5th gen iPod and really like how it works. Within the past few years I have been able to figure out frequencies that are good for the iTrip and I have been happy with the quality.

Now, this iTrip doesn't work with my iPhone 4 since the pins on the dock connector must have changes and hence I'm on the hunt for a new device. I looked around the Apple Online Store, but the devices on their page doesn't have good reviews. The last thing I want is to spend $50 - $100 and have something that doesn't work well.

AUX-IN is not an option for me as my car stereo doesn't support this. I'd rather have it not charge as I have a car charger for my phone (I also think it killed my 5th gen iPod battery to have it plugged in and charging the whole time).

Suggestions are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I don't have an answer, I am a new iPhone 4 user and am also looking for a good device. I tried the Griffin iTrip for the iPhone 4 and the reviews are correct...it is awful. Only three FM stations available and it was about 90% static, the music was barely audible. The Apple store gave me a quick refund.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.