I need to design a very simple website!

M

Mac_lacour

:doctor: Hello!

I am new to Apple and I just bought an Imac g5 17". I hope I will be happy Apple convert!

I need to design a very simple webpage (a one off!) with some pictures. Is there any application on the Imac or a free apple webpage design tool that I can use?

Any suggestions and directions will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
www.nvu.com is the best free web editor I know - easy to use and not too difficult.
Rapidweaver has got to be the easiest one on the mac to do what you want to accomplish: It integrates directly with your iLife apps and will automatically build photo albums and menus for you...http://www.realmacsoftware.com/ (Not free though).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
Make it in Microsoft Word and export as HTML

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
iPhoto can export a web page with pictures from an album. (Share > Export... Web Page. Make a new folder first.) You get a page with thumbnails, and "detail pages" with full-size images and comments.

You can then add or edit the page(s) using Nvu or whatever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Hey - good thinking technologist!
Sometimes the easiest solutions are just staring you in the face I guess :)

OP
S

sursuciofla

technologist said:
iPhoto can export a web page with pictures from an album. (Share > Export... Web Page. Make a new folder first.) You get a page with thumbnails, and "detail pages" with full-size images and comments.

You can then add or edit the page(s) using Nvu or whatever.

Nice for free but if you have PS then consider that as they have many templates and options. FILE - AUTOMATE - WEB PHOTO GALLERY.

Nice option if you do have PS, if you don't then go with tech's suggestion.

OP
S

steveedge

There are several other applications that you may have, like Microsoft Word that can export documents as html.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.