Putting an Image into a Podcast Title

Reaction score
I created a podcast a few weeks ago and have successfully loaded up several episodes. I record directly to Garageband, load it to iWeb and then it gets picked up by iTunes.

The problem is that when I created it I didn't put a master image in so it appears in iTunes with the default purple mast image. Does anyone know how I can load a photo image to the title so that it appears in iTunes in a unique manner? I can't seem to find any obvious way to do this.

Thank you in anticipation.

C

chas_m

In Garageband, you select the podcast "track" and drag and drop your master image into the window, like so:

The ones you already uploaded will need to be re-uploaded in iWeb with the replaced art for that to be "fixed."

OP
P
Reaction score
Hi Chas

Thanks for your quick response again.

Yes, I have loaded images into individual episodes as you have suggested but my problem is that I want to put an image into the podcast listing in the iTunes store and I don't know how to edit the default image that appears there for my podcast.

Peter

C

chas_m

Ah yeah, okay.

Since you host your podcast in iWeb like I do, the answer is simple: the image is "pulled" from the poster picture on your podcast page. In iWeb it's the "title page" (or "welcome" page) that is separate from the "entries" page.

If you go to my podcast: Chas' Crusty Old Wave! -- you'll see the big image there. Clicking on the subscribe button would take you to the page on iTunes, where -- as you'll see -- a small version of that same picture is automatically used.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.