Macbook Pro to TV - display "off center"

Reaction score
I've connected my 2008 macbook pro to my sony bravia TV for a few years now, via the VGA cable as an extended screen, and just recently the screen moved "off centre," and there's a grey bar on the left side, and the part of the very right side image is cut off, or off the screen... see the image:

29m6hpu.jpg

I also just got Lion and that has been really buggy... maybe that has something to do with it?

Has anybody experienced this?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
First try changing the resolution (on your Mac) being pushed to the TV.

Then check in the menu of the TV. Don't currently have a Sony, but some of them do have position adjustments for the VGA port.

OP
J
Reaction score
First try changing the resolution (on your Mac) being pushed to the TV.

Then check in the menu of the TV. Don't currently have a Sony, but some of them do have position adjustments for the VGA port.

Thanks!

I didn't think of that, I just adjusted the horizontal position of the screen via the TV menu and it realigned and centered.

That's irksome... Lion seems to be just a superficial upgrade that creates more annoying problems.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.