iphone 5 cases available?

C

chas_m

Um, no. Not the "news." You see, if it were in the "news" it would need to be true.

There are some RUMOR sites that have published photos of prototypes of what MIGHT BE cases for the next version of the iPhone. MAYBE.

I don't doubt that there are entities on the Net who will be MORE than happy to sell you what you think is an "iPhone 5" case if you like, so in that sense I suppose they are available ...

Rumor sites are sometimes (but not actually all that often!) correct, either by insider tips (rare) or educated guess (common). Their overall track record is, well, iffy at best (though everyone remembers when they got it right and "conveniently" forgets all the wrong ones).

It's fun to read the "reports" but a bad idea not to take them with an enormous grain of salt until the product is actually released.

C

chas_m

Everything's made in China, from legitimate products to shoddy knock-offs. That really doesn't "prove" anything, does it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC 27" IPhone 4 IPad 2
I stopped in my local AT&T store last night looking a Iphone4 for my wife and the sales rep suggested I wait until September when they get the new Iphone5. He acted like it was a sure thing??

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There has been an iPhone release every year..the iPhone 4 (GSM) was released in June 2010, and technically all iPhones before that were released in June/July..so we are late this year for the GSM version..but the CDMA version did come out this year and so iPhone 5 will come out this year..as to when, that's anybody's guess..it could coincide with the release of iOS 5..but once again, who knows..

C

chas_m

Of course the salesman made it sound like a sure thing. That's what he's paid to do.

In fact, it's looking more like early October.

Reaction score
All news are just news,,,no one would know the truth since it turns to September...While if it were not release till the day it should be,people were cheated... Hope the iphone 5 can release just as the news said then...:p

Reaction score
No cases/No Date

Manufacturers only receive guidelines for iPhone cases. They are also bound under strict non-disclosure agreements with Apple not to release these guide lines.

There is 100% no chance that carriers, especially salesman will have any inclination to the release date of a new iPhone.

Whilst the rumours are all great fun and create excellent PR and hype around a new product they are just essentially rumours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.