AT&T text message charge for international?

Reaction score
I was in the Bahamas for vacation this weekend and I had my iPhone on airplane mode for the trip so I could take pictures. Just out of curiosity I turned it off to see what carrier I could connect to, if any. My phone connected to BTC and 3 texts I had came through. Are there any charges for them because I wasn't on AT&T's network? I didn't plan on making any calls of course but the texts came. In guessing they aren't to big as a normal text without a plan is $0.10 or something. Anyone know?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I moved this to our Off Topic forum - "The Lounge" as it really does not belong in "Switcher".

As for your question, you probably will be charged for those texts at the international roaming fee. Best to call AT&T customer service and ask though.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I moved this to our Off Topic forum - "The Lounge" as it really does not belong in "Switcher".

And I put it in the iPhone hardware forum, since it's sorta/kinda an iPhone question ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.