Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard with mac

Reaction score
Hi

I'm finding the Apple wireless keyboard not very good experience and am looking for another, preferably "natural/ergonomic" type, one.

I was going to buy the Microsoft one but am not sure if this would prevent me using many features I am used to in mac. Is there a way round this?

Alternatively can anyone suggest a "natural/ergonomic" type keyboard?

Thanks

Willie

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi

I'm finding the Apple wireless keyboard not very good experience and am looking for another, preferably "natural/ergonomic" type, one.

I was going to buy the Microsoft one but am not sure if this would prevent me using many features I am used to in mac. Is there a way round this?

It will work pretty much the same way as your Mac keyboard, but the labels on certain special keys will be missing. It's not a big deal once you get used to it.

Alternatively can anyone suggest a "natural/ergonomic" type keyboard?

Thanks

Willie

Really, there's no such thing. Typing is not a "natural" activity, despite the marketing hype. These styles of keyboards still encourage leaning your wrists on a flat desk while moving your fingers, which is exactly the opposite of what you want to be doing to avoid wrist pain.

The best thing you can do for your wrists is to use a standard keyboard and keep your wrists elevated (not resting). Changing the angle of your fingers/wrists may help by allowing you to rest on the sides of your wrists, but ultimately it skirts the problem instead of addressing it directly.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks cwa107. Sorry for the delay in responding but I got bogged down with work!

I take on board your advice re ergonomic keyboards, and as I really can't get on with the Apple one, I will probably invest in some other make and just make do with the labels for some keys being different

Willie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.