website music player

Reaction score
I am designing a website for my band and have put a flash music player on the site. We havnt yet recorded, so i have just put other bands music on it. My question is. am i allowed to do this? (im not offering them to download just to play on the player)

thanks, red

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
I think that is legal, as long as you aren't making any money off the site by playing other people's music there.

S

sursuciofla

reddavis999 said:
I am designing a website for my band and have put a flash music player on the site. We havnt yet recorded, so i have just put other bands music on it. My question is. am i allowed to do this? (im not offering them to download just to play on the player)

thanks, red

Yeah non-profit sites are exempt. Although it is a fine line still. My brother had to get permission to use a band's music in one of his films for school because he entered it in a film festival. So just as long as it is not a commercial site you are fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.