Creating my site using Adobe CS

Reaction score
I recently bought a second hand copy of Adobe CS and I was wondering what exactly would be the best way for me to learn to use it?

I wan to use it to create two sites. One is my personal blog and the other is my bands website. Can anyone give me some ideas/ tips..... Maybe direct me to a site which has a tutorial on creating a full site using just the CS software.

By the way Im using CS and not CS2.

Thanks

Shane

M

MartinAustin

While Adobe CS may do an adequate job of making a website (I don't know, I have never tried it), my advice is always to start with the basics. HTML and CSS. It makes things a lot easier when you can understand the code that Adobe CS will generate.

This does not hold true for all applications, however. Microsoft FrontPage, for example, produces code that not even Internet Explorer can understand well.

Good luck!

B

bobber205

Frontpage is HORRIBLE!

Want something really similar, but with more kickass?

NVU's Web Page

Awesome site designed. Produces readable code, close to you what you'd really type. Might be good to learn with too.
:cool:

S

Sodium Studios

I hand code in Notepad (still a PC user at the mo), and just get frustrated with the slowness of programs like GoLive (about 4 mins to load).

So, if you want to learn, hard-code in a word editor. It'll give you a good respect for site code.

F

fisha

From Windows experience:

Sorry, I cant abide by NVU . . . sure it looks nice and stuff, but thats about it. It point blank refuses to handle some of the code i want to put into pages . . . and thats even with me hand coding it into the HTML code tab. Go back to save the file and it decides to change it all and if it doesn't understand it, then it just removes the section of code.

I found it just woeful. Uninstalled in less than a day.

I quite like Frontpage . . . it does what you tell it to ( but you have to be wary of not letting it take over and getting sucked in the MS specific stuff )

MAcromedia Dreamweaver i like as well.

but before all that, learn the basics. It makes it oh so much easier when you layout a page and then want to tweak parts of the HTML code itself.

L

lil

That much is true and truthfully, HTML 4.01, CSS and XHTML aren't all that difficult, I certainly wouldn't call it programming.

There again I have been at this game for ten years now (mind you my creations back then in HTML 2.0 and SimpleText were simply - abysmal :flower: )

Vicky

OP
I
Reaction score
I have a good understanding of HTML 4.01 and XHTML.... I want to bring stuff further though... and to top it off I have had to format my hard drive and Ive lost the installation of Studio MX I had..... so Im left with only CS.

The tutorials all over the net are only for CS2..... it is impossible to find tutorials for CS!

M

MadRhino23

Learn Photoshop first....

Lay your Design of the site out. ( 780 - 790 pixels width).

Learn GoLive next... especially tables, how they expand, lock, justify, etc... fool around with them.

Start cutting your layouts to fit your tables, ( saving for Web - jpg, gif, etc.)...

Since your a novice, do not not even fool around with CSS files right now... once you start building better pages, then jump into CSS...

Learn the basics first...

If you need some examples just holler....

[email protected] :headphone :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Sodium Studios said:
I hand code in Notepad (still a PC user at the mo), and just get frustrated with the slowness of programs like GoLive (about 4 mins to load).

So, if you want to learn, hard-code in a word editor. It'll give you a good respect for site code.
Sorry, but I find that is absolutely pointless advice for real newbies...
I agree that it is possible to create nicer, more efficient code by hand, but as a beginner you don't want to dive in at the deep end, only to end up producing really basic pages.

I always used to use a WYSIWYG editor, and now I usually layout my page in Dreamweaver and then tweak and update it by hand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.